Sender:Josh
Date/Time:2008-Jun-09 09:37:00
Subject:Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION Josh 2008-Jun-09 09:37:00
--- In #removed#, "Nick" <nmiligan@...> wrote:

> Hi Briar
>
> If you shot it as a cylinder pano, and you shot a couple of shots from
> each edge, and you didn't included seeing the tower in the shot, I
> think would work. If you are high enough the ground would be far
> enough away that paralax would not be a problem. The other option
> would be to shoot the tower as a vr object.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

you are right, it has been done and it worked, look at:

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp1205/html/JoshvonStau...

:)

I have been standing on the public visitor platform, shooting 12 shots
downwards and 12 shots to the horizon with 17mm wideangle plus another
6 shots with the 8mmm fisheye into the sky. (Follow the link to see
other panos from the tower). Roberto G?mez Torres, my dear friend in
Mexico, could manage the effort to stitch it. The nadir center would
have been black, but I put other elements in there to make it look
like a view from above. Together we spent nearly 40 hours of work on
this cubic vr.

Cheers
Josh