Sender:Willy Kaemena
Date/Time:2008-Jun-16 00:01:00
Subject:Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION Willy Kaemena 2008-Jun-16 00:01:00
Briar

don't worry...

go and shoot with an 8mm many pictures from the tower platform. The
offset from center could be 10 or 30m don't worry  if you are high
enough and  no  close objects are near, you will be surprised how easy
it will be and how good Ptgui will handle it for you, however in order
to prevent  from getting an upward curved horizon,  you have to  cheat
a bit in the equirectangular by  displacing the horizon to the middle
line.

I have done several  tower panos with very large offsets from the
center here some examples:

http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/Olympiaturm/  22 photos

http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Nasserieh/NAS200m/  18 photos

http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Berkeley2007/Campanile/  12 photos

here  the respective shooting platforms:
http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/Olympiaturm2/
http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Nasserieh/URA23112006_1/
http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Berkeley2007/Campanile3/

Willy Kaemena