Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2009-Jul-02 20:57:00
Subject:Re: Flash suggestions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Flash suggestions Hans Nyberg 2009-Jul-02 20:57:00
On 02/07/2009, at 22.31, Bernhard Vogl wrote:

> First of all: thanks to Markus and all the others for the great work
> they've done with the WWP Site!
> I really appreciate the appearance of Flash as it allows me to see all
> the fine panoramas with all the computers i usually work with.
>
> I have 2 suggestions i'd like to throw in for discussion:
> - Use the "inertia mode" for a smoother experience. This would really
> add to the quality of appearance
> - Besides the option to use "real" fullscreen, it would be nice to
> offer
> the option to use the "drag mode" (or even use it as default mode).
> The
> reason is, because many people that are new to panoramas are not
> used to
> the "VR mode". Drag mode is more logical and makes navigation much
> easier. Google is also using the drag mode as default (Street view,
> Google Earth...) and all people i've asked like this mode more.

A big big NO NO NO to that.
The drag mode is awful and not real VR.

The people I talked to and showed it hate it.

Also we have both QTVR and Flash now and it would be very stupid
using 2 different ways.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>
Features Fullscreen Panoramas from the best VR Photographers in the
World
email:  #removed#