Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Oct-31 21:37:00
Subject:Re: Which stitching software to choose ? ????

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Which stitching software to choose ? ???? Yahoo Account 2009-Oct-31 21:37:00

I've only recently turned away from Realviz and switched to PTgui, and I'm very, very happy with it. For my setup, PTgui works much faster than Stitcher, and the results are so much better than what I managed to do with Stitcher. Not to mention PTgui cost less and lets you legally use it on up to three computers and on Mac and PC. With Stitcher, I had to jump through hoops just to get a second activation back... they cancelled the "use on up to two machines" policy when they introduced mandatory activation and sold out to Autodesk, and only after protest from the user base did they bring that back. All in all, Realviz was a great start into full spherical stitching back in 2003, but my user experience with Stitcher has severely deteriorated over the years. I waited for batch support on Mac, for multiple CPU support, for ... a lot of things that were vaguely promised but never happened. Also, the regular price of a PTgui version is just about the update
 price of Stitcher.

That's my experience. The trial of Autopano Pro crashed during the first run on my machine, so I can't really say anything about it. It seems to work quite well on other people's computers, so maybe it was just my box being temperamental ;)

-Markus