Sender:Charles Carstensen
Date/Time:2004-Sep-22 19:45:00
Subject:Re: stories, please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: stories, please Charles Carstensen 2004-Sep-22 19:45:00
Hi, Don and all: Twenty miles East of my town is a National Recreation
Area called Curecanti. It consists of Blue Mesa Reservoir, three dams,
the Gunnison river, and Black Canyon National Park. It is all volcanic
rock - carved out in the last 30 million years. Before the dams were
built, a narrow gauge railroad traversed the canyons. When the dams
were constructed, the narrow gauge railroad was no more.

An exhibit of one engine and some RR cars remain on a trestle in the
trestles original place. A new bridge was built next to the train.
Therefore, my pano will have two bridges - right next to each other.
Seeing blue sky at each 180 degrees would be a real plus.

Scouted the scene a month ago. Planned to shoot today near the time of
the equinox. Wouldn't you know, a hurricane in the Pacific Ocean has
brought monsoon weather into western Colorado last Saturday and the sky
has been cloudy all day!! So, I shot the scene two days ago and will
submit that movie. Was hoping it would get sunny this afternoon,
however, it does not appear that it will get sunny so will stay home.
Incidentally, this new and much needed rain has brought about two
inches of rain to our area. That brings the TOTAL for the YEAR to
slightly over six inches. And, how is your weather?

Best to all on this outstanding and fun event.

Chuck Carstensen
Montrose, Colorado
http://charlescarstensen.com