Sender:Bostjan Burger
Date/Time:2004-Sep-24 19:29:00
Subject:Re: stories, please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: stories, please Bostjan Burger 2004-Sep-24 19:29:00
Great story Bob!

#removed# wrote:My choice of bridge was some nice canal bridges on part of the
Worcester & Birmingham canal. This part has a good flight of locks
(29 in total). It was Sunday morning and the weather was nice, so
instead of going out by myself, we made it a family morning out (my
wife and my 4 year old daughter).

After wandering up over half of the locks and shooting three
panoramas my daughter wanted some pictures taken of herself. So I
popped the fisheye lens back in its bag and shot some of her. While
I took these pictures a canal boat that we had previously passed
came into the lock we were by.

The lady opening the lock gates asked if my daughter would like to
help her push the gates open, my daughter jumped at the chance to
help. So after my daughter (and wife) helped push the gate open the
lady asked if daughter would like a ride on a canal boat up to the
next set of locks. So my daughter and wife jumped on board the front
of the boat and off they went. They went all the way up to the next
set of locks and through them, my daughter had a great time, smiling
from ear to ear.

I won't just remember that morning for shoting the panoramas, but
also as the first time my daughter had been on a boat. A great
family moment.

Bob.

--- In #removed#, G. Donald Bain <#removed#> wrote:
> There have been some interesting posts related to the current
World
> Wide Panorama event. I love reading them.
>
> Please send an account of your experience photographing Bridges to
the
> list. It's part of the history we are making together, and I think
we
> will all enjoy it.
>
> Don

------