Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2013-May-11 09:17:00
Subject:Re: New Photoshop business model = Cloud and Pay by month

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: New Photoshop business model = Cloud and Pay by month Hans Nyberg 2013-May-11 09:17:00
Sorry Briar but you sees to have some problems with math.

If we look at the Standard CS6 the US price was $1180   to that you should ad 2 updates a $400  for the next 5 years as normally  Adobe updates every second year.
That will cost you around $2000

The CC subscription is $50 a month which makes in all $3000 for 5 years.

The only option which makes sense is tif you need the large Premium version which will cost about the same in CC.
For Photoshop alone which is what most Photographers need you have to pay more than double price for the Crerative Cloud. And that is compared to upgrading each update which most of us do not do as the new features are usually not worth it.

The subscription allows Adobe to just cash in without doing some real work with making worthwhile new features.

The whole idea with making updates is that it needs the developers to really work hard and make them better.

Hans

On May 10, 2013, at 10:44 PM, Briar wrote:

> I am a total convert to Adobe Cloud, for now at least. I was using CS2 and
> faced a cost in the $1000's to upgrade to CS6. It would take five years
> Cloud subscription to equal that upgrade. On top I have access to the whole
> Adobe Suite for no extra cost..I am now using Dreamweaver and Premier Pro.
>
> I can experiment with all the other programs and use what I want..no extra
> cost. Immediately an upgrade comes along I get that electronically..at no
> extra cost.
>
> Should Adobe put the subscription too high for me I would have to stop using
> it certainly, but the extra facility I get allows me to do so much more and
> I can't see Adobe cutting their own throats can you?

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
Hans Nyberg Fotografi
Hasselvej 6 - DK-8550 Ryomgaard
Denmark
Tlf. +45 86 394232
<http://www.hans-nyberg.dk>
<http://www.360-foto.dk>
<http://www.panoramas.dk>
Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen Panoramas from the best VR Photographers in the world.
email:  #removed#