Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Sep-28 02:25:00
Subject:Re: Playing around with GPS-coordinates...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Playing around with GPS-coordinates... Landis 2004-Sep-28 02:25:00
As geographers I assure you both Don and I are very interested in
this idea.  In fact when I'm not trying to make money shooting
panoramas, I'm trying to make money making maps.

Unfortunately right now Don and I have our hands full with the rest
of this stuff and I can't take the time to begin a new aspect.  I'd
love to see what you come up with.

For the next event we can specify that lat/long coordinates must be
included (as long as some of you are willing to help those more
geographically challenged).  And we can even specify an exact format
to use.

I like this idea a lot.

If you and/or someone else wants to work on this retroactively (ie
going back through previous WWP events) and put something together,
we'll figure out a way to link everything up.

I believe that I've seen some free, customizable map servers some
where out there.  I'll try to dig up a link or two sometime soon.

Just keep in mind that for now, this will be an add on to the project
and may not be included right away.

Sound like a plan?

-Landis