Sender:Mike Morper
Date/Time:2005-Mar-13 16:20:00
Subject:Re: Just curious

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Just curious Mike Morper 2005-Mar-13 16:20:00
Hi Landis,

Here is my two cents as to why folks may not participate (me included
this round):

Uninteresting subject matter/difficult shooting conditions
Marketplaces in Southern California where I live are limited to strip
malls, and a few huge malls like The Grove or South Coast Plaza. I
recognize that folks from other parts of the world may find it
interesting to see what these look like (at least the inside), but
taking a tripod and gear to these places to take a picture is not
practical. More times than not, the rent a cops at these places won't
let you shoot (private property). Sure, you can do a handheld, but at
low light conditions indoors, that ends up being (in my mind) a more
difficult image to stitch, cleanup, etc. I don't have the time to pull
that off.

Lots of people
Marketplaces have lots of people. Lots of people mean lots of editing.
I'm wondering if folks are backing away from the project because of the
challenges associated with masking, cleanup of moving people in
pictures. Just a thought.

All said, I like the idea of themes, but themes will limit the
contribution of members due to weather, subject matter availability,
etc. Themes do force some fun creativity, but even the most creative
folks can come up short :)