Sender:Milko Amorth
Date/Time:2005-Mar-14 07:54:00
Subject:Re: Just curious

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Just curious Milko Amorth 2005-Mar-14 07:54:00
Hi Landis, hi all,

193 out of 500 is not bad at all to me.

This group grew very fast and the quality of contribution is outstanding.
The Vrs are World Class and so are some of its peers and contributors.
This can be intimidating.
I mean, I got my heros out there for sure and I have been looking over the
fence as well before I dared to put my work on the same level to have the
world judge it.

On the other hand, the profile of this project and its format does invite
and (hopefully)
encourage "newcomers" to get into it. The themes with an artist´s
captions, the howto and with what gear information are propably the best
VRplatform one can wish for.
Some of the best VR Photograpers on this globe exhibit their work and
knowledge and are very open and helpful teaching other members of this
project.
I think this format can only grow.

As to themes: Sure it is a challenge, but that is what makes this project
such a great platform. You can learn, compare and be inspired by all those
different interpretations of one theme.

One could argue about the subject, but it really does not matter to me.
And I say that because I dont think of myself as a super creative mind. I
am way to practical by nature for that. However, I like the challenge to
be creative and stuck through the sometimes difficult task to come up with
something original when given the challenge. This , at the end, has been
always rewarding. Regardless the result. Because, i just "did it".
So, just -do ( as Aldo would say.-)

This is what I do when a theme is given. I go to dictionary. com and enter.
mar·ket·place
1.An open area or square in a town where a public market or sale is set up.
2.The world of business and commerce.
3.A situation or place in which values, opinions, and ideas are put
forward for debate or recognition: a marketplace for new ideas; the
literary marketplace.

Give these results enough time to think and talk to friends about and it
will take its course. This project is wide open for interpretation and do
not hesitate to experiment.
The good people who organize and work so hard for us, do have in deed very
little rules we need to keep a format to truly showcase VR to the world.

I would not want to change a thing. It has been a seed only a year ago and
its been germinating and growing to a nice seedling and is still a young
plant. So i just hope for water and sun for it to grow strong. I think it
will.

Thank you Kat,Landis,Don, and Markus for your continuing support.

Have a good day you all,

Cheers,
Milko

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:35:46 -0800, Landis <#removed#> wrote:

> Following up on John's original post, I'm wondering: what are the
> reasons that more of our group members don't participate?
>
> When we did WWP Sanctuary we had about 500 members of this group, but
> only 193 people who submitted panoramas.  Now I realize that not
> everybody can participate in every event, but I have a feeling that
> it's more than just your schedule.
>
> So what's stopping you from joining us and contributing?  Seriously,
> I'd be interested in hearing why.  Because if you're nervous about
> some aspect of this project, maybe others are thinking the same thing.
>
> Are you concerned that you don't have the right equipment or that you
> can't find a 'good enough' subject or... ?  If you don't want to,
> that's fine, but I just wanted to let you know that any subject can
> be made interesting.  A supermarket in Germany might seem boring to
> you, but to someone like me who has never been there it is
> interesting.
>
> Just pondering out loud.
>
> We currently have 573 accounts subscribed to this group.  Think we
> can make it past 200 this time?  Or maybe up to that magic number of
> 360!
>
> -Landis

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Milko Amorth
Digital Interactive Imaging - Panorama und Objekt VR
360image.de
VRCanada.ca
fon++49.711.3655318
fax++49.711.3513896