Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2006-Mar-22 11:56:00
Subject:Re: Raynox DCR-CF185PRO( was Another introduction)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Raynox DCR-CF185PRO( was Another introduction) Bjørn K Nilssen 2006-Mar-22 11:56:00
On 22 Mar 2006 at 12:19, Hans Nyberg wrote:

> On 22/3-2006, at 11.39, Bj?rn K Nilssen wrote:
>
> > I have deliberatley stayed away from dSLRs because of the lack of a LCD
> > preview, but now that Olympus has released their new E330, and
> > Panasonic is on
> > their way with a similar camera, I may take the plunge soon. Olympus
> > has a
> > Zuiko digital fisheye, but I don't think it is available yet. I really
> > would
> > love to be able to use the zoom with the fisheye though, allowing
> > every focal
> > length from CF up to around 24mm eqv, which I would get with that
> > Raynox 185
> > lens...
> >

> What would the purpose be of viewing the image constantly on the LCD.
> The only thing it does is using your battery.
>
> The only thing you need is the LCD image preview with the histogram
> which you have on all DSLR.

Well, I disagree. After having used good swivel viewers for several years I'd
hate being forced to put my eye into the ocular again. LCD screens give me much
more freedom. And as long as I can still shoot 2-300 pictures on a battery
charge I'm happy with that.

> And if you are  only interested in large resolution panoramas  without
> to many people in it you can do much better with multirow than with
> fisheye. A standard lens for example 18mm gives you a super resolution
> with 3 rows x 12.

The problem is the other way around. I can shoot large panos with my 18mm eqv,
or 28mm. What I want is to be bale to shoot smaller panos, but possibly with
HDR. Shooting 3x12 rows would be 252 pictures to get a 7-exposures HDR, which
is a bit too much..

> And with PTGui or PTMac you can do that almost automatically.
> The only thing you need is a decent panohead.

I'm working on it ;)

BTW, I found another "Raynox link" which seems to imply that it works fine with
panotools? http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/483/?page=1#msg2162

-- #removed#   //  Bj?rn K?re Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
   Kristiansand, Norway