Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Mar-22 11:19:00
Subject:Re: Raynox DCR-CF185PRO( was Another introduction)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Raynox DCR-CF185PRO( was Another introduction) Hans Nyberg 2006-Mar-22 11:19:00
On 22/3-2006, at 11.39, Bj?rn K Nilssen wrote:

> I have deliberatley stayed away from dSLRs because of the lack of a LCD
> preview, but now that Olympus has released their new E330, and
> Panasonic is on
> their way with a similar camera, I may take the plunge soon. Olympus
> has a
> Zuiko digital fisheye, but I don't think it is available yet. I really
> would
> love to be able to use the zoom with the fisheye though, allowing
> every focal
> length from CF up to around 24mm eqv, which I would get with that
> Raynox 185
> lens...

What would the purpose be of viewing the image constantly on the LCD.
The only thing it does is using your battery.

The only thing you need is the LCD image preview with the histogram
which you have on all DSLR.

And if you are  only interested in large resolution panoramas  without
to many people in it you can do much better with multirow than with
fisheye. A standard lens for example 18mm gives you a super resolution
with 3 rows x 12.
And with PTGui or PTMac you can do that almost automatically.
The only thing you need is a decent panohead.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi