Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2006-Mar-22 22:54:00
Subject:Re: Raynox DCR-CF185PRO( was Another introduction)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Raynox DCR-CF185PRO( was Another introduction) Bjørn K Nilssen 2006-Mar-22 22:54:00
On 22 Mar 2006 at 16:30, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

> > BTW, did you noticed that Raynox do not promote this lens for making
> VR panos ?
> > The big silence about this major option of a fisheyelens tells us a
> lot.......
>
> Before I switched to a dSLR I was using a Sony Cybershot F717 with the
> DCR-CF185Pro to make my VR panoramas.
>
> I use PTGui for stitching, and never had any problems with the
> correction of lens distortion with the Raynox lens.
>
> You can see some examples here if you like:
> http://panoramas.bergmark.com
> Go to the last two pages (currently page 3 and 4) where you'll find
> panos made using the Raynox lens.
> Note: These early panoramas' resolution were optimized for the Java
> version, which is why the fullscreen versions (Shockwave, Quicktime)
> look a little fuzzy.

Those are really great panos ! If that lens can deliver quality like that it
looks like it's nothing to worry about, shelling out the $400 :)
I was expecting some Swedish panos, so it was kind of a surprise to see all
those lovely Korean panbos ;) I didn't find out how to zoom on the Java panos
though. I couldn't get the ususal Shift and Ctrl to work.

> I think that the problems most people are having is the workflow in PT-
> Gui. It takes a while before you get a hang of it.
> Most people (I was one of them) try to optimize too many parameters at
> once resulting in a poor optimization, and stitch.

So where do you start optmizing then - yaw/pitch/roll?

-- #removed#   //  Bj?rn K?re Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
   Kristiansand, Norway