Sender:Robert Bilsland
Date/Time:2008-May-22 08:05:00
Subject:Re: To the Members of the World Wide Panorama Project

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: To the Members of the World Wide Panorama Project Robert Bilsland 2008-May-22 08:05:00
I haven't had time to fully re-read the email myself but from what I
have read so far both interests and worries me. I'm all up for having
my work seen by more people, after all if someone enjoys the views
that I create I'm happy. But on the flip side I'm with everyone else
that this idea of don't reply and we'll use your work anyway isn't the
way things are done.

I'm sure that in what I quickly read last night it was said that
originally they had approached the organisers of the WWP and then
because of not receiving a reply they decided to contact us directly.
Well my question is why did the WWP organisers not reply? Are we
missing something? What are their concerns? I take part in the events
to be a small part of the big project, to have my work seen in a
worldwide setting.

Even IF I allow my work to be used as part of this "Globorama" I would
 like the World Wide Panorama project to get a major credit too. After
all without WWP they would not have so easily found a source of
panoramas from all over the world.

Bob Bilsland.

--- In #removed#, caroling@... wrote:

> 1. I would like to participate
> 2. I don't want to have to print and mail a form. Make it online.
> 3. I object to your stating that if I do nothing I lose my right.
That is not legal in the US. You can not use my work unless I say so.
> 4. This has to be discussed on the World Wide Panorama email group
first, before you do anything.

> --
> Caroling, www.wholeo.net

> From: Petra Kaiser <kaiser@...>
> >
> > Dear Madam/ Sir,
> > at the ZKM | Center for Art and Media in Karlsruhe, Germany,
> > <http://www.zkm.de> a public cultural institution that focuses on
> > contemporary and especially on media art, an artistic research
project
> > has been conducted that explores new forms of visualizing satellite
> > image data.
> >
> > The project entitled "Globorama" is an installation shown in a
> > cylindrical projection screen of 8m in diameter and 2.8m in height.
> >
> > The goal was to enable the users to travel the entire globe by
means of
> > a laser pointer. To experience not only a bird's eye view of the
globe
> > respectively to see different locations from different heights,
but to
> > be able to explore the chosen location, the researchers and artists
> > developed a prototype of the installation that makes it possible to
> > include panoramic images from the web.
> >
> > In this context, the developers would like to take the liberty to
> > integrate into this prototype version also pictures from the Word
Wide
> > Panorama Project to explore the feasibility of the application
> > developed. Having shown the work as a "prototype-in-progress" at the
> > ZKM, we would now like to present the project as part of different
> > international, non-commercial exhibitions.
> >
> > We have noticed that copyright of the images vests with the
respective
> > author, and we had contacted the organizers of the World Wide
Panorama