Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-22 14:00:00
Subject:Projection Quality (was Re: To the Members of the World Wide Panorama Project)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Projection Quality (was Re: To the Members of the World Wide Panorama Project) Yuval Levy 2008-May-22 14:00:00
Hi Mike,

ptgroup wrote:
> But I doubt that WWP- images are suitable in repect aof resolution.
> If Quicktime is suitable I don?t know- at least it?s the best quality.

this is a border case, but you'll be surprised to know that what has
been more or less the standard for fullscreen QTVR on the WWP will work
well on a slightly bigger projector.

I have 20/15 sight (i.e. above average). I was in the middle of a
cyclorama, in Montral, last year, and I saw one of my panos there, and a
bad quality one. There were seven 1024x768 projectors on a similar
screen as the one used by ZKM, but larger - probably 16 or 20 meters in
diameter, as opposed to the 8 meters at ZKM. The view was much better
than I expected.

What makes the difference is the viewing distance. The further the
projection screen, the least important the resolution.

<http://www.presentationtek.com/2008/03/28/1080p-vs-720p-or-full-hd-vs-hd...>
is applicable.

Yuv