Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-21 22:52:00
Subject:Re: To the Members of the World Wide Panorama Project

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: To the Members of the World Wide Panorama Project Yuval Levy 2008-May-21 22:52:00
this is extremely confusing. I have not seen any such mail on the
mailing list, nor any attachment.

Me too, I assert my copyright and find it unacceptable that it is
assumed by default that permission is granted. It is not.

In principle I am positively inclined, and would even go as far as
printing out a PDF and using snail mail. However, before granting the
request, I would like to:
- have the whole information properly, and not by indirect way or by way
of spam mailing
- ask a few questions, like:
-- will the exhibition be freely accessible to the general public, or
will visitor have to pay a ticket?
-- will the panorama display software be released as free software, or
will the general public not have free access to the software?
-- how will the context look like? do you have images / videos /
panoramas to show of the exhibit's concept as it stands now?

There are similar installations here in Montreal, Canada, at the
<http://www.sat.qc.ca> - here are some panoramas taken inside one of the
installations: <http://www.photopla.net/070507sat/> the Cyclorama
software was OpenSourced AFAIK.

Yuv