Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2005-Jan-24 03:15:00
Subject:Re: The NEXT World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The NEXT World Wide Panorama Roger Howard 2005-Jan-24 03:15:00
On Jan 23, 2005, at 5:56 PM, brooksleffler wrote:

> --- In #removed#, Roger Howard <#removed#> wrote:
>
>> there was a story
>> recently about a dispute in Mexico over the placement of a new
>> Walmart,
>> right next to ancient ruins. But hey, depending on where you live,
>> Walmart might be the ONLY market you have - though good luck
>> photographing in, or even near, a Walmart!
>
> As we were musing over lunch yesterday about possible topics for WWP5,
> my wife
> suggested finding a WalMart that could be included in the same pano as
> a bunch of empty
> stores.....
>
> well, probably not -- they don't build WalMarts downtown.

Yeah not usually... they usually go in on the outskirts, where land is
cheap.

Even so, you'd probably have a hard time shooting there - at least on
their lot, as I'm sure you wouldn't be able to get permission. Shooting
off their property is always possible of course.

I've got so many ideas for this WWPano I can't wait!

-R