Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2005-Jan-26 19:47:00
Subject:Re: The NEXT World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The NEXT World Wide Panorama wardnet2001 2005-Jan-26 19:47:00
Hi Bob

I'd be very interested in the code(s) you used to achieve this. I've
got access to LiveStage Pro and have done a couple of nice things with
it, but I find it quite difficult.

My hope is to present two QTVRs in the one player, side by side, and
when you pan one the other pans by the same amount. Its for a "before
and after" type QTVR. I haven't seen this anywhere but it must have
been done before. I think your QTVR code could be adapted, any thoughts?

I'm mindful of previous requests to keep this list clear of these tech
questions, so my apologies in advance, but I'm quite excited by this
possibility, its been on my agenda for some time now.

Many thanks

Bill

 --- In #removed#, Bob Shindel <#removed#> wrote:
> [...]
WWP5, my
> >> wife
> >> bunch of empty

> Actually you can do that with LiveStage Pro.  I?ve done something
similar,
> using stills, in my last two QTVRs.
> <<http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp904/html/BobShindel.html>>  I
call them
> Interactive Sidecar Slideshows.  This idea is not original with me. I
> learned how to do this from a tutorial by Kevin Quinn at
Quicktimeing.org
> <<http://www.quicktiming.org/tutorials/vr_w_slides.php>>.  (Thanks
Kevin, I
> could have never figured this out on my own!)  In his tutorial Kevin
uses an
> Object VR.  From that I was able to figure out how to adapt it to a
Panorama
> VR adding a changing text track using much the same principle.  You can
> download a free 30 day trial version of LiveStage Pro from Totally Hip
> <<http://www.totallyhip.com/products.asp>>, but be warned give
yourself lots
> of time.  This is not an easy application to master, or even become
barely
> competent in like me.  I can post a copy of the code I used if
wanted.  Like
> REALVIZ did with Stitcher 3.1 a few of months ago, a long while back
TOTALLY
> HIP gave away a free copy of their older version of LiveStage Pro with a
> copy of ComputerArts Magazine.  I wish more Software companies would
do this
> and in more than just, hard to find in the States and else where,
British