Sender:pedro_silva58
Date/Time:2008-Mar-04 14:24:00
Subject:march 2009 theme!! was Re: Themes!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: march 2009 theme!! was Re: Themes! pedro_silva58 2008-Mar-04 14:24:00
greetings!

i have a humble but very strong suggestion for 2009.  no, i'll not add
to the database for the simple reason that this is a suggestion for a
specific date.

as some of you know, charles darwin was born on 12 february 1809, and
preparations for the celebration of the centenary are underway all
over the world.  darwin needs no introduction, and his importance
transcends biology, where perhaps he is best known.
as we have no event in february, i would very much like to encourage
landis et al. to make "evolution" the first theme of march 2009.  you
might even consider stretching the rules a bit, and allow (or
encourage!) photos taken on 2009.02.12.

i hope this doesn't start a flurry of suggestions for celebrations,
but darwin does have a very special place in our intellectual history.
what says you?

cheers,
pedro