Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2008-Mar-04 15:29:00
Subject:Re: march 2009 theme!!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: march 2009 theme!! Caroling Geary 2008-Mar-04 15:29:00
1+

Please put this in the database. It needs to be there to be
considered with all the other ideas. By not doing so, you require
people to look through all the messages and try to remember when and
what was suggested. If you can't put enough info in the database
description, you can say something like this,
"see discussion under the subject march 2009 theme!! starting March
4, 2008". I don't see why it was necessary to hijack the subject
Themes!, though, your subject for WWP309 stands alone.

I was preoccupied with the coming event theme, "Beginnings".  When do
beginnings turn into evolution? My feeling is that everything is
connected and that as things evolve, we seem to find new beginnings.
And as things begin they are in the process of evolving. That is,
change is. Everything is changing. But I could see that this March we
focus on what seems new and able to grow and mature. Then next year
in March we focus on the process of beginning, growing, maturing and
transforming.

Also I wonder how the word "Darwin" resonates internationally. In the
southern US, where I live, it/he/Darwin/evolutionary concepts are
still controversial and sensitive. I imagine there might be a
panorama about "Darwin, Not" that would show a giant assembly of
believers in instant creation. I'm not sure how this fundamentalist
Christian controversy is viewed or understood or even cared about in
other countries. Or what possible varieties of views of evolution
there are.

But I think it is an incredibly important and interesting theme.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net