Sender:Don Bain
Date/Time:2009-Aug-22 16:31:00
Subject:Re: facebook page

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: facebook page Don Bain 2009-Aug-22 16:31:00
On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:46 PM, AYRTON wrote:

> EASY !!!
> Don get to me in PVT if you want ...
> we're close friends already so ... :-)

Thanks. I understand the basic mechanics of the site, but would
welcome discussion about how it can best be used to further the
purposes of the WWP.

   - fostering the community

This fits well, we are already a community, dispersed geographically
but with common interests and experiences. Thanks to Shawn for setting
up the group page.

This list (#removed#) is specifically for announcements and
discussion of the WWP events.  When discussion goes beyond those
limited topics people start to complain and drop out. Facebook can
supplement this list, but with graphics and a web of links. And it
will allow a wider range of discussion without cluttering up people's
In boxes.

   - publicity for VR panoramas

I guess the way Facebook links just about everything might lead people
to the WWP site and provide information about our work. It supports
galleries of personal photos, but not VR panoramas - am I right?

What I would like to see is a way to throw VR panoramas right in the
face of Facebook users. It is surprising how many people still have
not seen a fullscreen pano. If we each dazzle them with one, they will
follow links to more, both on the WWP site and elsewhere.

Is there a way we can all make an obvious link to WWP on our home pages?