Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2005-Oct-19 17:43:00
Subject:Re: My 3 suggestions to improve WWP presentations, easy to impliment?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My 3 suggestions to improve WWP presentations, easy to impliment? Landis 2005-Oct-19 17:43:00
>Just a few points which I feel would help peoples WWP
>presentations in the future. These are all easy to do (I think?)
>
>1) Use QT KIOSKMODE to remove the save movie option
>i.e. in the embed data use kioskmode="true". Also stops the right
>mouse click from saving the movie. Yes I know people can still look
>at the source to get the .MOV file but this is easy to impliment
>protection.
>Kioskmode is a standard QT command which works on all systems.

OK - done.  At least for the latest event.  We'll add it to the
previous ones later.

>2) Set QT CONTROLLER to "false". I notice ALL 360s have the
>spinControl sprite at the bottom so there is no point in having a
>duplicate set of controls below the image movies. This wastes space
>for no reason, space which could be used for the image.

Sorry, no.  3 reasons:

- the non-fullscreen panoramas do NOT have the spinControl addition
- the controller gives information on hotspots should they exist
- the controller lets the user know that it's 'more than a picture'

>3) Suggest to viewers that viewing the 360's "at their best" by
>pressing F11 on your keyboard. Also the best browsers are Firefox
>and Opera. See for your self how much better they look in proper
>fullscreen mode by using Firefox, Opera or Deepnet browser click a
>fullscreen qtvr and press F11. Even Internet Explorer offers an
>increased browser window by pressing F11.

We would prefer to remain a little more platform agnostic than this.
F11 doesn't do anything on the Mac and recommending a specific
browser seems like a little more of a personal choice than one
website has the business of getting into.  There are apparently some
problems with SP2 and IE that I'm just now looking into.  We'll look
into this further.

Thanks for your comments.  Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
We do value everyone's input and don't mean to ignore any comments,
suggestions, or criticisms.

-Landis