Sender:centreofengland
Date/Time:2005-Oct-20 16:26:00
Subject:Re: My 3 suggestions to improve WWP presentations, easy to impliment?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My 3 suggestions to improve WWP presentations, easy to impliment? centreofengland 2005-Oct-20 16:26:00
Thanks Landis, When I made my 3 suggestions I did not realise that
one of them would become a hot topic like this.

Not everyone has water marked their images with any kind of
copyright notes so I have to agree with Edward that they should
always be seen in their correct context on the WWP site with all the
text describing it. A link to the site is what people should be
sharing with each other NOT a stolen movie file from the site.
This is why I suggested kioskmode. I think that on the next event it
may seem a good idea to have a option to protect your image at
submission time, that way people that want to protect their image
can do and those who are happy for the presentation to become
seperated from the WWP site can do.

With regard to my (2) controller suggestion, point noted ok.

With regard to (3)fullscreen mode, I did not know that Apple Mac
does not support any kind of fullscreen mode. ALL PC browsers DO but
you have to invoke it with F11, with regard to XP SP2 problems this
only relates to script invoked fullscreen mode which can no longer
be done in SP2. As per my post here :

Thanks
Andy

>Just a few points which I feel would help peoples WWP
>presentations in the future. These are all easy to do (I think?)
>
>1) Use QT KIOSKMODE to remove the save movie option
>i.e. in the embed data use kioskmode="true". Also stops the right
>mouse click from saving the movie. Yes I know people can still look
>at the source to get the .MOV file but this is easy to impliment
>protection.
>Kioskmode is a standard QT command which works on all systems.

OK - done. At least for the latest event. We'll add it to the
previous ones later.