Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2005-Oct-19 23:05:00
Subject:Re: My 3 suggestions to improve WWP presentations, easy to impliment?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My 3 suggestions to improve WWP presentations, easy to impliment? wardnet2001 2005-Oct-19 23:05:00
--- In #removed#, Landis <#removed#> wrote:

> >Just a few points which I feel would help peoples WWP
> >presentations in the future. These are all easy to do (I think?)
> >
> >1) Use QT KIOSKMODE to remove the save movie option
> >i.e. in the embed data use kioskmode="true". Also stops the right
> >mouse click from saving the movie. Yes I know people can still look
> >at the source to get the .MOV file but this is easy to impliment
> >protection.
> >Kioskmode is a standard QT command which works on all systems.
>
> OK - done.  At least for the latest event.  We'll add it to the
> previous ones later.

 Hi

Actually I would prefer, if I had the choice, that a viewer
_could_save_ one of my panoramas to his hard drive. I dont mind that
at all. Naturally if they are going to make a lot (or any at all) of
money out of it I would prefer to have a share, but that's very
unlikeley. My attitude is that if I put something on the internet,
well, its just gone from me. I know copyright is very important, but,
for me, not here really. If I get paid for something its usually
agreed before I take any pictures.

Most of these images are going to disappear from the world eventually,
but wouldn't it be nice if 100 years from now one of these panoramas
emerged from some collector's collection (or more likely someone's
relative's old disk or computer)? Look at the old photographic images
from the past that survive today in print form - they are interesting,
even if just for a glance. But these old images are a tiny portion of
what once existed. I wonder if digital images will survive as long. If
anyone wants to keep/use one of mine then good luck to them, please
do. I dont really want to be precious about copyright here, it might
be counter productive, this is a kind of special worldwide community
event, but the other side of the argument is easy to appreciate.

Bill