Sender:Richard Crowest
Date/Time:2006-Jul-18 17:45:00
Subject:Re: Nabble has nabbed our messages

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nabble has nabbed our messages Richard Crowest 2006-Jul-18 17:45:00
> I don't use Nabble or GMANE but don't (didn't) see a problem as long
> as they keep our email addresses private.  No one can post through
> Nabble without already being an approved member of the WWP list.
>
> AFAIK this was just a different way of viewing the list that some
> people really preferred.  I'll let any Nabble or GMANE users post
> their defense of the service before I do anything.
>
> Let me know if there are good reasons to kick them out and request
> that they delete their archive.

Sorry, but this is bad, bad, bad. The WWP group list is available to members only. In
Yahoo's terms and conditions, that sets it apart from content that is available to the
general public, and limits what Yahoo can do with it. As far as I knew, messages to this list
were only available to members. If the situation were the same on Nabble, no problem, but
imagine the outcry if someone posted the whole of the mailing list on their personal web
site for all to see. You just can't do that sort of thing with people's correspondence. Sorry
to be fractious, but you really can't change the audience to which our messages our sent
without our prior consent.

Please remove Nabble from the list as a matter of priority.

Richard