Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2006-Jul-18 17:11:00
Subject:Re: Nabble has nabbed our messages

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nabble has nabbed our messages Landis 2006-Jul-18 17:11:00
> OK, i just found #removed# in our member's directory.
> Not sure how they got in there. I vote we kick them out so
> hard they need a satellite uplink to just receive a FAX...

Yikes!

OK, I didn't realize it was such a contentious issue.  I let them in.

Actually one of our fellow WWP members asked that they be let in at
the same time that some of this discussion was going on on the new
PanoTools and Apple lists.  I gave the WWP member a chance to explain
to the moderators and asked for comments from the moderators.  None
of us thought this was a problem at the time (I guess Markus missed
those messages) and I let it go through.

I don't use Nabble or GMANE but don't (didn't) see a problem as long
as they keep our email addresses private.  No one can post through
Nabble without already being an approved member of the WWP list.

AFAIK this was just a different way of viewing the list that some
people really preferred.  I'll let any Nabble or GMANE users post
their defense of the service before I do anything.

Let me know if there are good reasons to kick them out and request
that they delete their archive.

-Landis