Sender:Richard Crowest
Date/Time:2006-Jul-19 08:28:00
Subject:Re: Nabble has nabbed our messages

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nabble has nabbed our messages Richard Crowest 2006-Jul-19 08:28:00
--- In #removed#, "Mark Banas (lists)" <listmail@...> wrote:
> Yahoo! archives are already public and searchable without needing a
> subscription.

How? I can't find a way to do that. And if that's the case, why would the group's home page
have a link labelled "Log in to read messages", and the terms and conditions have different
clauses relating to what's publicly available and what's for members only?

> If you feel the
> subscription of Nabble or Gmane to any of the lists you belong to is
> an issue that goes beyond your personal posts, you have to let the
> list owners know about it.

Which I've done. Markus and Landis, thanks for your response on this. Landis, I completely
appreciate that you acted in good faith and in the belief that the list being on Nabble
didn't change its potential audience, but I'm glad you've changed things back. I remember
that when I joined the list, you personally checked me out to make sure that I wasn't a
potential spammer. If, as seemed likely, anyone who joined Nabble could post to that
forum and have their messages automatically forwarded to the list, your care on this front
(which I very much appreciate) would have been completely undermined.

Regards,
Richard

P.S. I'm sending this from the Yahoo web interface, so from past experience it won't be
wrapped properly. Sorry about that. Why on Earth can't they get something so simple
sorted out?