Sender:Serge Maandag (yahoo)
Date/Time:2007-Mar-18 12:17:00
Subject:Re: Going Dark?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Going Dark? Serge Maandag (yahoo) 2007-Mar-18 12:17:00
> Over the past several events we've had people who suggested that all
> of our imagery might look better against a darker background that
> would set-off the images a bit better.
>
> What are your thoughts?

I have to love it, since it uses the same colors as my site :)
(http://pano.maandag.com/)

It would be nicer if the gray area would be broken though. Especially on a
24" monitor it's rather big. On my site I solved that by surrounding it
with black.

The colors of the panoramas do turn out better with the dark background. A
white background is a strain on the eyes, especially on a bright tft
screen. And that effectively reduces the dynamics of an image.

Serge.