Sender:yuval levy
Date/Time:2007-Mar-18 11:36:00
Subject:Re: Going Dark?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Going Dark? yuval levy 2007-Mar-18 11:36:00
I'm on an old CRT at friends. After the snowstorm of
the year yesterday, I have kind of enough white around
:-)

before heading to the slopes where 2 feet of fresh
snow awaits us:

CONGRATULATIONS! the simple black background is much
better than the simple white one.

If this is work in progress and you accept
feedback/suggestions:
* replace the breaking lines with gradient shaded
images (do a 1x8 pixels gradient from white to black
and/or black to white and replace the HR tag with a
DIV styled to have this as a repeat-x background)
* give a much lighter (or even white) background to
the the description in the middle element of the
screen. Mixed with the above transitions it should
make it possible to have the best of both world: black
background for the image and white background for the
text.

cheers
Yuv

http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/live_preview/wwp1206/index.html