Sender:Jakob Norstedt-Moberg
Date/Time:2007-Mar-18 14:44:00
Subject:Re: Going Dark?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Going Dark? Jakob Norstedt-Moberg 2007-Mar-18 14:44:00
--- In #removed#, Landis <landis@...> wrote:

> Over the past several events we've had people who suggested that all
> of our imagery might look better against a darker background that
> would set-off the images a bit better.

For good readability, I think it is clear that text should be black on
white or light grey. It is fine for me if the images have a dark
frame, but it would be wrong to have the text on a dark background.

It is popular among photographers to have a "negative" style on pages,
with white text on dark background (e.g. Adobe Lightroom) but I doubt
we make more people read our texts that way, and the texts are an
important part of the Worldwidepanorama context. Photographers are not
the main target for our presentations (i hope).

Jakob