Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2008-May-22 12:24:00
Subject:Re: Do these views looks the same????

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Do these views looks the same???? Keith Martin 2008-May-22 12:24:00
Sometime around 22/5/08 (at 11:56 +0000) Robert Bilsland said:

>My thought was could I identify
>any of these. Well make your own mind up. Compare this YouTube video
>(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrL5JxJvlig) 2 minutes 20 seconds in
>with Bill Bailey's submission from the Best of 2006 event
>(http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp1206/html/BillBailey....)

As you wisely point out, we don't know whether Bill gave his permission.

One possible argument that might be offered in support of this usage
could be along the lines of not requiring copyright permission for
something that is incidental in the work - but while the usage here
is fleeting it seems a little more than incidental.

However, at least it is a far, far cry from the examples of sites
that hijack and display complete working VR content.