Sender:Victor
Date/Time:2008-May-22 14:12:00
Subject:Creative Commons (was Re: Do these views looks the same????)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Creative Commons (was Re: Do these views looks the same????) Victor 2008-May-22 14:12:00
I agree it appears to be a "retransmission" of a Google Earth feed.

--- In #removed#, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

> In Switzerland (and probably in other countries as well),
> businesses that play radio to their clients must pay extra
> licensing fees.

Same here in the US, though it is very poorly enforced.

> It is chaotic, not to say arrogant, to assume consent to
> something that requires permission.
>
> But I find the intended use very respectful and positive.

Agreed.  Both in terms of the arrogance of the assumption, especially
given that, as far as I can tell, the opportunity to object was not
extended to everyone.  Just another example of arrogance.

The suggestion of a "Creative Commons" license is interesting.
Insofar as I'm with you in being both aware that these works are
publicly visible, and willing (and thrilled) to have them seen widely,
a more re-user-friendly approach towards respectful reuse would seem
worthwhile.

VZ