Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-27 14:23:00
Subject:Re: some research

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: some research Yuval Levy 2008-May-27 14:23:00
Bruno Postle wrote:
> Agreed, this is no 'non-commercial' exhibition.

the definition of 'non-commercial' is a tricky one.

CC licenses do not apply for this case, but if they were the feedback I
got so far is that nothing of what happened would offend the NC
provision as stated in CC licenses.

On the other hand, for this specific case given that the WWP is (C) all
rights reserved, the German laws put in some limitations and definitions
that may allow public display.

http://dejure.org/gesetze/UrhG/52.html
http://dejure.org/gesetze/UrhG/52a.html
http://dejure.org/gesetze/UrhG/52b.html

lot of food for lawyers there, really.

> The crazy thing is that it just isn't that hard to find geolocated
> panoramas available for commercial use:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=equirectangular+geotagged&m=tags&amp...

I guess they did not think their things through, and somebody found it
easier to grab the stuff from the WWP with some automated program.

Yuv