Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2006-Jul-10 06:39:00
Subject:Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed. Bernhard Vogl 2006-Jul-10 06:39:00
> Okay, time to calm down and take my medication...

Donald, it is good to see that you haven't lost your humor in the
hospital  ;-)

Ben Nelson's garden reminded me that - independed of where a garden may
be - there are always similarities like the sign, saying "Do not throw
coins in the pond"  :-)

I am also still browsing the entries and not finished yet, but to add
another category to the gardens: God's own garden (not meant in a
creationist but in a metaphysical way):
Still, a forest like Lucia Bazan's entry is the most refreshing and
recreative place i can imagine.
Other entries that i would count into this topic (as far as i discovered
them) are: Kat' and Landis' entries
Abdulaziz Ak-Shalabi's strange and fascinating Kuwait shore
Ricardo Camb?n's wonderful flowers at the seaside.
John Fellers' Colorado Springs panorama.
Ed Fink's garden panorama (breathtaking and informational as always).
Colin Mackenzie's Sierra Meadow, a view i wouldn't have expected in
California.
...of course Tom Merchant's Lady Slipper and the little elf  ;-)

...and many others i still missed out till now...

One word about the autorotation-sprites:
I have found some panoramas that are not viewable on my Windows
computers. The browser stops responding and in the worst cases i have to
quit the browser with the task manager. 2 good examples are:
Sachio Izumi (uncontrollable)
Keith Martin (browser stops responding)
Maybe we could add a rule for the submissions to keep them as simple as
possible. Especially when the sprites are "only" though as a viewer aid,
but turn out to be incompatible with all system, browser and plugin
variations?

Best regards
Bernhard