Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Jul-10 11:21:00
Subject:Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed. Caroling Geary 2006-Jul-10 11:21:00
On Jul 10, 2006, at 2:39 AM, Bernhard Vogl wrote:

> to add
> another category to the gardens: God's own garden (not meant in a
> creationist but in a metaphysical way):

This is a great category! To avoid the idea of a supernatural being
doing the wild gardening, I would call it the "found garden". That is
like found art. That is where the garden appears to be a garden to
the photographer, who finds it, records it, and calls it a garden. To
someone else it might have been undeveloped real estate, a vacant
lot, or weeds.

Is making panoramas an art form? I believe it can be. If so, we can
place it firmly in art history by using standard art criticism.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net