Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2006-Jul-10 05:15:00
Subject:Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed. G. Donald Bain 2006-Jul-10 05:15:00
Nice commentary, Bob!

Usually i try to do this sort of wrap up and appreciation after each
event, but, as most of you know, I have been somewhat distracted this
time. :-(

Please contribute your comments on the event to the list! Keep it
positive, remembering that we have a lot of first timers.

I have still not looked at "Gardens" carefully, nor have I prepared
my own entry, so I still look forward to to enjoying it. Currently we
have somewhere between 310 and 317 entries (some are incomplete,
including mine), which comes very close to a new record - we had 325
participants in Best of 2005.

Landis will soon be announcing the next two quarterly events, so be
ready to start shooting again. Also, I hope for resolution of some
local bandwidth issues (the success of WWP makes printing and e-mail
in my department impossible at times of peak demand) by the end of
the summer.

Did I ever mention that The Geo-Images Project (host to WWP) is the
tenth busiest server on the UC Berkeley site? That is pretty
incredible, considering that berkeley.edu is larger than most top-
level domains (i.e. countries). Once the bandwidth issues are dealt
with and we can start seriously publicizing the site I am confident
that we will climb even higher.

I see the end of 2006 as perhaps a decisive moment in popular
perception of VR - the moment when we FINALLY get a lot of people to
wake up and recognize how amazing this technology is - truly a new
view of worldwide reality. As participants in the WWP - YOU WILL BE
THERE!

Okay, time to calm down and take my medication...
Don