Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Jul-10 02:07:00
Subject:Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed. Caroling Geary 2006-Jul-10 02:07:00
I haven't seen them all and I can't begin to comment on all the
worthy ones I have seen. But I will ...

Abdulaziz A. Al-Shalabi's Kuwait's Garden -- I can't forget the bleak
ruins, like a psychic burn and scar. And yet I'm told this is rich in
marine life, so I have to let go of my expectations of green.  The
involvement of the USA in the history and the fact that its rarely in
the news now adds to the emotion.

Ben Nelson's Bicentennial Conservatory struck me. I think it is the
composition. The way the space spirals and whirls and changes shapes
is so tactile and engaging.

Markus Altendorf's Rosengarten also is well-composed, with the
trellis overhead and the petals below, really making the most of the
sphere. The roses are so red.

Peter Nyfeler's Our Garden from Above shows a place in a way a person
would have a very hard time seeing it. The vantage point is in mid-air.

Christian Braut's The Claude Monet Garden evoked the paintings for
me, perhaps in the viridian green, not too yellowish colors. It was a
revelation, I had no idea Monet painted his own garden.

John Dotta's The Gardens of Illinois is notable for its statement. It
brings up a crucial issue, something we should all think about and
act on. Again, the composition helps tell the story.

Erik Krause's Picking Cherries in Our Garden gives the experience as
only a panorama could. It is so surrounding.

Mike Posehn's Loomis Labyrinth has that satisfying swirling feeling
when spinning the pano. It is centering, as a labyrinth should be.

Places I'd like to go: the Cosmovitral (to see how the plants and
light work with the colored glass images). This looks like my
favorite garden.

Uri Cogan's Butchart Gardens looked like a new age painting. Could
such a place exist?

Add to the Japanese garden and community garden another category: the
personal garden. I enjoyed many of the stories. Several panoramas
were of parks.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net