Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2006-Jul-11 16:49:00
Subject:Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens, a few that I have noticed. Uri Cogan 2006-Jul-11 16:49:00
Keith Martin wrote:

> One simple and fairly effective way to define art is that it is
> something which is intended to be art. This can be the intention from
> the start or it can be something that's decided somewhere down the
> road. A holiday snapshot is not automatically art, and nor is a
> technical photograph of an engine part. But present it as art and it
> can then *be* art. Just ask Marcel Duchamp.

Markus Altendorff wrote:

Why not? It may not be "high art", or art that one considers
"good" ... however, since "readymades" are considered art,
too, it all depends on the renowned name of the artist ;)

"Art is whatever you can get away with" - So I agree, but there has to
an "intent" there, and some context, but this is really off-topic <grin>

Uri Cogan <http://www.uricogan.com>
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma