Sender:Andrew
Date/Time:2004-Mar-28 05:19:00
Subject:Re: My "work in progress" from Chicago ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My "work in progress" from Chicago ... Andrew 2004-Mar-28 05:19:00
Hans,

> To make a Cubic movie from a Cylindric  movie with a FOV of only 60-70 is
> not a good solution.

That's a point. 100% agree with you ;-)

> Something else is that you can not just convert it to spheric like Andrew
> says in his
> Readme file for PanoCube.
>
> This is from Panocubes readme:
> > If you have cylinder panorama - just add two black strips (above and below) to
> > get 2:1 width:height ratio and then using the script limit min/max pitch.
>
> THIS DOES NOT WORK

May be I was not clear - I meant cylinder panorama mapped as equirectangular image of course. I need to correct the text there.

> I did not know that PanoCube recomended this until today after I downloaded

Yes - it still there. I even couldn't imagine than one will adds bands to the cylinder mapped panorama ;-) Going to correct it now.

=Andrew Jakowleff