Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2007-Oct-08 18:16:00
Subject:Re: Sustenance - on line.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sustenance - on line. Caroling Geary 2007-Oct-08 18:16:00
I agree with Bo. That is, I feel like submitting is more important
than fussing about a theme. If possible, make your statement and
complaint to the list and go ahead and put your panorama into WWP907.
To stretch the theme seed word way out of shape, sustain your
presence, if nothing else.

As far as "data-points" go, OK, but I experience it as more like
"free association" and "stream of consciousness" of the time. I spent
the morning seeing amazing panoramas. So many people have shown other
sides of their interests and talent. So many "this is my first
panorama"s that look accomplished to me. The last pano I looked at
blew me away. I'm sure many of you understand exactly how to
accomplish the panorama linked from Hiroharu Shizuya's "Thing to Make
Panorama". But it isn't apparent to me. In the first pano the
panographer is seated in front of an elegant meal, with clothes, bag
and camera setup beside him. In the linked pano, everything is gone
except the panographer and meal, photographed from above. It gives
the impression of a magic floating camera, with a will of its own.
Interesting and surreal. He could have submitted the first pano to
WWP and linked the other, either way.

Another pano that haunts me is "Bees" by Dieter Kik. It is so
surrounding, up close. Both New Zealand panos are so rich in foliage,
one silvery, the other green. I have barely gotten started seeing and
reading them all. But so far the variety and depth of innovation is
stunning.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net