Sender:Serge Maandag (yahoo)
Date/Time:2007-Oct-09 12:29:00
Subject:Re: Sustenance - on line.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sustenance - on line. Serge Maandag (yahoo) 2007-Oct-09 12:29:00
> As I have admitted, at first I struggled as well until i studied its
> meaning. I was not going to throw it away because it became such a basic
> essential meaning. Its part of enlightenment. At first you think how can
> that be done and at last you think how can it not be done.

That's the way I experienced it with the past themes. The pain made it all the more
rewarding. somehow this one didn't do it for me.

> Well, for you it seems it is the theme that makes you want to do a VR. For
> me it is the VR that makes me want to do it.

that's exactly the difference, well put. I think the theme is in general more
important for the ones that have been doing panoramas for a longer period. Simply
making panoramas isn't a challenge anymore, but finding a creative angle for the
theme is.

I really enjoyed coming up with this interpretation of transportation, for instance:
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp906/html/SergeMaandag...

> It might have been the tonemapping taking away from your inspiration and
> rather not submit. This what I dont get, you get an inspiration, do all
> the work and time it takes to do the VR and then you dont submit because
> of what, exactly?

I did submit this time! Probably wasn't very clear on that, sorry.
I just had to mention the fouling up part, since in retrospect I dislike the looks
of my panorama.

Serge.