Sender:Serge Maandag (yahoo)
Date/Time:2007-Oct-09 09:11:00
Subject:Re: Sustenance - on line.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sustenance - on line. Serge Maandag (yahoo) 2007-Oct-09 09:11:00
> I am with Bo, Caroling and Pau on this one, definitively.
> Its simple to me. Its a showcase for VR Photography to show the world in
> 360 to the world and make this media public. It is not about the theme.

Sorry,

I can't agree with you on that one..

200+ panoramas on a site is nice, especially when they were taken around the same
time. But to make it something special they need to be glued together. That glue is
the theme.

Though not every panorama has enough visual merits to stand out, it's the creative
interpretation of the theme that can still make them great.

I'm all in for loose interpretation. I sure did so myself in the past events. But I
really struggled with this one. Stretching up the glue is fun, but dissolving it
seems just like throwing away the theme.

Sustenance is not the same as sustain. Making a sustain panorama would be the same
to me as making a panorama that has no relevance to the theme whatsoever.

I managed to think of something that fits the theme, but creatively it wasn't
inspiring. The result isn't either, but that is because I fouled up the tone mapping
:(

Serge.