Sender:Milko Amorth
Date/Time:2007-Oct-09 10:24:00
Subject:Re: Sustenance - on line.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sustenance - on line. Milko Amorth 2007-Oct-09 10:24:00
Hi Serge,
> I can't agree with you on that one..
Guess what? You dont have to:-)

> 200+ panoramas on a site is nice, especially when they were taken around
> the same
> time. But to make it something special they need to be glued together.
> That glue is
> the theme.

Thats why I have said its a comon denominator, as is the time frame.

> I'm all in for loose interpretation. I sure did so myself in the past
> events. But I
> really struggled with this one. Stretching up the glue is fun, but
> dissolving it
> seems just like throwing away the theme.

As I have admitted, at first I struggled as well until i studied its
meaning.
I was not going to throw it away because it became such a basic essential
meaning.
Its part of enlightenment. At first you think how can that be done and at
last you think how can it not be done.

> Sustenance is not the same as sustain.
To you perhaps. Both words come from old France 13th century....sustenir.
They seem to have different functions, though. The one is a noun the other
a transitive verb. Let's not get hung up in this. The theme was Sustenance
and that's just it. Read it up and stick to it as good as you can. Its not
complicated. If you make it sustain it is your preference over sustenance,
but changes the scope.

> Making a sustain panorama would be the same
> to me as making a panorama that has no relevance to the theme whatsoever.

Making a panorama with no relevance to the theme is a failed assignment,
but still a panorama. Thats not to say that you should do what you want
but try to stick to the guidelines or stay away from partisipating. This
theme had a lot of ways to interpret.

> I managed to think of something that fits the theme, but creatively it
> wasn't
> inspiring. The result isn't either, but that is because I fouled up the
> tone mapping
> :(
Well, for you it seems it is the theme that makes you want to do a VR. For
me it is the VR that makes me want to do it. The theme does not matter to
me....I enjoy the challenge and dont question the theme. Its a denominator
for me.
It might have been the tonemapping taking away from your inspiration and
rather not submit. This what I dont get, you get an inspiration, do all
the work and time it takes to do the VR and then you dont submit because
of what, exactly?

Cheer up,
Milko

--
Milko Amorth
360? Immersive Imaging

PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
Skype me @ vrdundee
Member of IVRPA.org