Sender:Harald Walker
Date/Time:2004-Oct-05 21:55:00
Subject:Re: MultiMap More or Less

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: MultiMap More or Less Harald Walker 2004-Oct-05 21:55:00
Charles Carstensen wrote:

>Dave, you may have hit on the compromise solution. Making the seconds 0
>would indicate you do not want more accuracy published. I would submit
>the lack of accuracy uniformily gives more protection to both the
>photographer, and the WWP, et.al., against some sneaky/freaky claim of
>privacy invasion or some far out theory of liability/trespass.

I really don't understand the problem any longer. If you don't want to
publish the precise position of your panorama for privacy or other
reasons, then just don't do it. Most panorama's here have been taken at
normal public places and I think it is a very valuable feature for
visitors to get the exact coordinates, e.g. to visit a location personally.

>Do we really care if the 7-15 foot accuracy is actually
>published?

Depends on the subject/object. Most of the bridges are probably easy to
find without :-)

Regards,

Harald