Sender:brooksleffler
Date/Time:2004-Oct-06 04:48:00
Subject:Re: MultiMap

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: MultiMap brooksleffler 2004-Oct-06 04:48:00
--- In #removed#, Ken Stuart <#removed#> wrote:
> Like you, I do not own a GPS receiver but found that not to be an obstacle
> for including latitude and longitude. There are web sites such as
> Terraserver (http://terraserver.microsoft.com/) that allow you to point and
> click on satellite photos until you reach the level where you can determine
> the coordinates for your pano shooting location. You may need to estimate
> the seconds from the closest minutes grid lines if you want to be as
> precise as you can, however you could just go with minutes if you have
> privacy concerns.

snip

> Other sites:
>
> <http://www.multimap.com>www.multimap.com (comprehensive) here's Cannery
> Row:
> http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&amp;X=
-13569500&Y=4359000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=me
rcator&db=w3&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&in
map=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=10000&multimap.x=260&multimap.y=21

That's got it!  Incredibobble!  Thanks, Ken!  I've used multimap before, but didn't realize it
had all that stuff in there.

> Perhaps Landis could put links to these sites on the next WWP instruction
> page/form so that they're easier to find for folks like us who don't have
> GPS receivers. The references were sent out in an email message at some
> point, but having them linked from the WWP page would be helpful. :-)

Absolutely!  Hear hear!

So, Landis, here are my picture's pretty bloody close coordinates:  36.6114, -21.8977
(never seen decimal coordinates until this week.  amazing.)

Thank you, thank you!

brooks