Sender:helmut.schierer
Date/Time:2004-Oct-05 17:01:00
Subject:Re: MultiMap

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: MultiMap helmut.schierer 2004-Oct-05 17:01:00
If you provide input fields for deg/min/sec and the ones looking for privacy fill out only deg/min then the accuracy should be between 1 and 2 km.  Needing more privacy you can round min to 5 or something like that.

If you provide some information in the input form about that fact, I think that would satisfy all needs.

-Helmut

----- Original von:  Markus Altendorff <#removed#>:

Tudor Jenkins wrote:
> Hi Landis,
>
> Love the idea but a bit of a problem for me. I shot someone's
> private garden and they are not too hot on the idea (they
> didn't know I provided coords). I like the idea of having
> approx coords to get a global sense of where the place is.
>
> Perhaps I can give slightly different coords - but this then
> incorportates a deliberate error. An acceptable solution from
> my end would be by rounding my coords to the nearest minute
> rather than second  - would this be a good solution for you?
>
> Sorry for the fuss
>
> Tudor

I think this is an important point! Maybe we could have a
checkbox/field for "stealth GPS" or something in the database,
which would suppress, round or add an error to the output of the
GPS coordinates? We could include this in the online submission
form for the next time (and create two separate fields for
decimal GPS values to spare the time to manually recalculate
these deg/min/sec pairs... ;-)

-Markus

------
The World-Wide Panorama

For more information:
-Visit the web site at http://GeoImages.Berkeley.edu/wwp.html
Yahoo! Groups Links

Versendet durch AonWebmail (webmail.aon.at)