Sender:yuval levy
Date/Time:2007-Feb-20 14:19:00
Subject:Re: Panoramas and Google Earth

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Panoramas and Google Earth yuval levy 2007-Feb-20 14:19:00
--- Keith Martin <#removed#> wrote:
> One benefit of having generic icons is that
> everyone knows what sort of thing it is when they
> see it.

big benefit indeed!

Panoramios: Layers => Geographic Web => Panoramio ->
disable. Too much noise.

WWP: Layers => Google Earth Community => Community
Showcase => Worldwide Panoramas - wuz -> enable. :-)

in that same GE community layers, different layers of
webcams have the same icon and I'd love to see other
layers of panoramas on GE, e.g. Tito Dupret's
<http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/> or Mickael
Therer's <http://www.ww2panorama.org/>, but also the
work of individual VR artists, all with the same icon
though with a small modifier.

I wonder about the structure of those Layers. Maybe it
is just me, but I don't think that Panoramio deserves
a better positioning (second level) than most entries
in the Google Eearth Community Showcase (third level),
but I do not know where to input my feedback to Google
and anyway there are more diplomatic people than me to
convey such a touchy message.

I'd love to see WWP, WHTour, WW2Panoramas and other
consistent collection with a thread/topic to them
listed in the Geographic Web.

And I'd love to see the work of individual VR artists
as well as the generic collections as individual
layers in the Community Showcase.

All with the same, relevant icon symbolizing a VR and
with a small modifier on the right bottom of it
classifying to which collection it belongs.

But maybe it is too much wishful thinking?

Yuv

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index