Sender:c b arun kumar
Date/Time:2007-Mar-15 01:34:00
Subject:Re: Canon 70-300mm or Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Canon 70-300mm or Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens c b arun kumar 2007-Mar-15 01:34:00
Just my 2 bits

The canon 70-300 IS USM is not a bad lens at f8 and
above it gives fairly sharp pix but you may be better
off buying the 70-200 f4 if you want to shoot distant
buildings and the two lenses cost the same but the
70-200 f4 is a superb lens and you are not going to
the miss the extra 100 mm when your pictures turn out
much better and you get L glass as well.

As for the 75-300 its junk dont buy it.

The 70-300 DO is a great lens but very costly you can
instead buy the new 70-200 f4 is usm which is coslier
than the f4 non is version but is much better still.
frankly the 70-200s 2.8/f4 are the best zooms that
canon makes!! Nikon/sigma ... no one really matches up
to this series especially the is versions and for
building shooting it can be great help.

Sigma makes great lenses but for tele lenses canon is
generally better. sigma really scores in areas that
canon has no lenses in like 8mm fisheye and 12-24 wide
zoom and while sigma does give you more glass for the
buck, see if you can afford the 70-200 f4 and you wont
regret it

cb

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3304&amp;navi...