Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2007-Feb-19 19:24:00
Subject:Re: Panoramas and Google Earth

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Panoramas and Google Earth Bjørn K Nilssen 2007-Feb-19 19:24:00
On 18 Feb 2007 at 22:10, benidorm_2000 wrote:

> I think that Google Earth is, and will be, a good place to promote
> panoramas. Sending kml/kmz files to Google Earth Communnity is posible
> but it has the problem that your icons are shown as a standard 'i'
> icon instead of your own icon.
> WWP has earned his own icon, and recently Google is including also all
> photos from panoramio.com also with his own icon, this allows to
> locate this kind of placemarks easily.
>
> Do you think that it will be posible to create and ask for a special
> icon only for panoramas? Then, for instance, WWP icon could be a
> derived icon or vice versa.

I made a GE 3D/pano project recently, but I had no problems with icons not showing up as
expected? They were not  placed in Google Earth Community though, but accessed from a
URL, at http://www.eirikgjedrem.no/ge/Eirik_H3.kmz
AFAIK the WWP panos are not included with GE, but also comes as a separatly downloaded
kmz from wwp?--
Bj?rn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D