Sender:Alexander Balako
Date/Time:2007-Mar-14 19:04:00
Subject:Re: Canon 70-300mm or Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Canon 70-300mm or Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens Alexander Balako 2007-Mar-14 19:04:00
> Marketing hype over the use of the magic word
> 'DIGITAL'?  How is
> it different from their other FF lenses?
Main difference is in back element coating.
Sensor and film have different reflective abilities.
Sensor is not ?black? body so it reflects light.
Without "Digital" coating back element of the lens may
reflect back to the sensor light which was already
reflected by sensor. "Digital" coating eliminates
secondary reflection. The effect is not always
visible, but I saw examples with very bright spot in
the center of the image produced by secondary
reflection of non digital lenses.

Hope it helps,
Alex